Monday, June 24, 2013

Coral Beauty One Week in Quarantine

At first, the coral beauty was not eating anything in my quarantine tank.  I fed some flake food and pellets, but no luck.  The next day, I tried the nori that my yellow tang likes so much.  But after a day the coral beauty mostly left it alone.

I called the LFS and he said they were feeding it mysis shrimp, but he thought it was also eating the algae in tank.  Since I didn't have any mysis, I decided to wait until the weekend to try that.

Later in the week, I noticed that the pellets were disappearing and eventually, the coral beauty started tracking down the pellets as soon as I dropped them into the tank.  Now, after a week, the coral beauty seems to be doing well.  It looks healthy and is eating.  If all goes well, I'll add it to the display tank at the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment